This workshop is best suited for people who have been keeping bees for a few years and are planning to turn a hobby into a sideline or a sideline into a business. But every year, attendees also include non-beekeepers who are considering starting and are wondering about beekeeping profitability and are looking for ideas to get moving towards a second career or a retirement income.
Neil and Ron are offering their ‘Making Money from Honey‘ course in Edmonton this fall on Sunday, November 5.
Neil Bertram and Ron Miksha have been working bees for decades. Between them, they have experience in hobby and commercial beekeeping, queen rearing, pollination, and production of a few million pounds of honey.
This overview of beekeeping economics is an all-day program.
Here are some of the topics which will be covered:
– growing from backyard/hobby beekeeper to sideliner to commercial;
– equipment choices and shop/honey house considerations;
– finances, projections, expectations, difficulties, setbacks, and success;
– how much money to expect from bees in a typical year;
– handling and marketing your products;
– case histories of good and bad beekeeping businesses;
– the beekeeper personality and lifestyle.
You can find more information about the course and its presenters at https://makingmoneyfromhoney.