Thursday , August 22, 2019 the EDBA meeting will be a field trip to Sturgeon county!
Rassol Bahreini , Apiculture Research Scientist at the Crop Diversification Centre North, will be testing some hives for mites and demonstrating the recommended ways to treat for mites eg. apivar strips, formic acid and oxalic acid vaporization.
The theory and diagnostics of common pests and diseases will be part of the demonstration.
As this is an EDBA function, please be sure that you are an active member. If your membership has lapsed, this will be a great time to renew it.
If you don’t have a membership or a guest, there will be a $ 25.00 charge which will include a free membership for the coming year. Memberships can be paid at the meeting by cheque or cash or you can contact the EDBA treasurer Alexis Brown by e mail at email@example.com
and arrange e transfer payment.
By renewing your membership, you help the EDBA to fund these functions and expand your educational activities.
The beeyard we are going to is very close to the site of the annual EDBA BBQ site:
Address: 25221 – Township Road 552 , Sturgeon County
– Drive north on Highway #2 , going north from St. Albert towards Morinville
– You will reach the CARBONDALE ROAD on your right hand side (EAST)
– Turn RIGHT onto the Carbondale Road
– Proceed east to the 2nd house on the Right Hand Side ( SOUTH) – In case of problems, phone 780 460 7773
– Turn into the driveway and park in the yard YOU ARE THERE – PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF TIME TO ARRIVE BEFORE 5:45 pm —
We will have to walk 7 to 10 minutes across a field to the beeyard. Vehicles will be available for those unable to walk. START TIME IS 6PM SHARP
Bring your beesuit!!!
The Gate will be locked at 6:15 so please come early .