If you see a swarm of honey bees and want a responsible beekeeper to come and catch it… we have a list!
The Edmonton and Area Swarm Catchers List
For the area you are in, please call one of the people and be prepared to answer a few questions:
How high? How big?, When it arrived? and if you own the property/house?
Listed by name, email, phone number and then what area they cover.
- Malcolm Connell, email@example.com, 780-239-9649, Edmonton
- Matthew Schoenhardt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 587-988-2305, Edmonton, Spruce Grove, St Albert, Fort Sask, Sherwood Park
- Jason Miller, email@example.com, 780-686-8626, Edmonton – South East
- Michael Wowk, firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-952-0878, N. Edmonton (97 Street and East)
- Elsie Kuyt, 780-434-6349, Edmonton and Area
- Caroline Prather, email@example.com, 780-993-5621, Sherwood Park
- Tim Kihn, 780-717-5058, Sherwood Park
- Denise and Kevin Nadeau, firstname.lastname@example.org, 780 405-9316, Tofield – Sherwood Park
- Alan Durston, email@example.com, 780-920-1425, S and W Edmonton.
- Ron Ford, firstname.lastname@example.org , Camrose, Wataskiwin, Ponoka
- Ken Feth, email@example.com, 780-678-4450, Camrose, Wetaskiwin
- Darrell Sopel, D_sopel@yahoo.ca, 780-901-3087 , N.Edmonton, Gibbons, Ft. Sask. Bon Accord
- Naomi Legg firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-905-5344, S and W Edmonton.
- Al Koberstein, email@example.com, 780-462-8987, S and SE Edmonton.
- Rob Wynn, firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-970-7620, Edmonton
- Herman Dixon, email@example.com, 780-974-2609, S Edmonton, Calmar, Leduc, Beaumont
- Herb Plain, firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-914-5912 , Spruce Grove area. In the County of Parkland
Penelope Harder, 780-916-1586, South East Edmonton
Len Miller, email@example.com, Alberta Beach/Onoway area
If all goes well then the swarm can sometimes be taken away in less than an hour (no promises).
A copy of this is being sent to Clint at Bee Maid Coop as well.
If you want to catch your own swarms, make sure to get a few pro tips from an experienced beekeeper like this article from Malcom.
Remember, beekeepers won’t help you relocate a dozen bumblebees. If you see 25 large fuzzy bees going in and out of a hole then you most likely have bumble bees. A real honey bee swarm in a tree… looks like this (red arrows)————–>