Are you worried about someone blaming you for getting stung while on your property or if someone eats some of your honey and blames you for getting sick?  Or if they blame you for their kid getting stung?

How do I get liability insurance?

Through a special agreement with the co-operators we have arranged insurance for our members that covers you, your bee yard and some honey sales (for 2 million dollars liability ) for the price of an EDBA membership and $75 (in 2017).

You can be an EDBA member without insurance.

Steps to apply:

A ) Check with the secretary Don Ronaghan to see if you are registered as a member:

B ) Contact Foster Topacio, 780-448-7025, Edmonton.



( For 2017 the insurance costs $75 for 2 million liability coverage)

2 million liability per each person registered. $75 cost. Yearly. Our year end date for the insurance is March. The Calgary group is January. They have a different policy.  You have to be a member of the EDBA to purchase the insurance. We renew our memberships starting in September. If a persons membership lapses they would not be covered because we have a group policy.

More information and some discussion can be found here as well:  Google Group

Words are like bees, some create honey while others leave a sting.